Thursday, May 26, 2011

Flying by....

I know that we say it all the time but time really does fly by.  Next weekend our grandson, Braden, graduates from high school and then (same day) leaves for San Diego for his basic training for the Marine Corp Reserves.  He then comes back to begin college at Eastern in September.  But really I think he is only about 5 - it just doesn't seem possible that he is graduating next week, or that our oldest grandchild, Katie is finishing her first year teaching kindergarten, that our second grandchild, Nick, just finished his first year of college, that Ryleigh our fourth grandchild is going to be a sophomore in high school and that our fifth grandchild, Maddie, will be in middle school in September.  Why, in my mind, am I a much younger person with still a lot to do and these kids should still be sitting on my lap while I read them their favorite book?  But time - instead of marching on - flies by so quickly that in a blink of an eye our kids/grandkids are all grown up and taking on the world.  Maybe that's what Godspeed actually means - go with God - at His speed - not ours.

Have a great day and happy quilting!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment