Thursday, September 29, 2011

Here Again

Well time certainly seems to get away from me.  Here it is the last of September.  Fall is definitely in the air - pumpkins are everywhere and the honey crisp apples are ready for eating.  The shop has been busy.  We were up at Sault Ste. Maire MI this past weekend vending at a quilt show and the quilts were beautiful.  I am always in awe with the amount of creativity and talent that surrounds us.

Last night our Moda salesperson - Mark - was here to show us the new fabrics coming after the first of the year and there are some great ones.  One line in particular that I liked - and those that were with me - was the "Stitch In Color" line.  It is bright and fresh looking - really some different designs in the fabrics - just really great looking.  This is a picture of the panel or "cheater" fabric.  Mark actually had a large tote made out of it and it was cute!

There were lots of other lines that caught my attention too - Minick and Simpson are bringing out Prairie Paisley II - lots of nice fabrics there!  I was trying hard not to over spend and to some extent I did okay but probably ordered more that I thought I was going to - but that just means there will be more for everyone to oogle over. 

We are doing some fun things at the shop over the next few weeks - a Mystery Weekend, October 7, 8 and 9, our 4th Anniversary celebration, October 14 and 15, Demo Daze, December 1, 2, and 3 and lots in between as well.  We have lots of classes - Chenille Applique, our Bag of the month, Spicy Spiral Table Runner - something for everyone.

Well guess that is it for now.  Take care and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment