Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First Installment for Hearts To Holly blog!

Well here goes - this is my first attempt at blogging - I thought I should jump into this century before it flies by like all of my days seem to.  As a brief introduction, I am the owner of Hearts To Holly Quilt Shop in Charlevoix MI.  I guess I should say that my husband and I are the owners -  that would definitely be more correct.  Mike and I opened the shop a little over 3 years ago and have been having a good time with it.  We have been very fortunate and have met some terrific people.  Our customers are great and it's been a lot of fun - hard work but fun!
Our town of Charlevoix is small - only about 3500 people in the winter - grows a bunch in the summer with all of our visitors - and is like living in a postcard.  We have Lake Michigan on the west and a large lake - Lake Charlevoix on the east with a small harbor connecting the two lakes.  Charlevoix is about an hour above Traverse City and about an hour south of Mackinaw City. 
Mike and I have four daughters - all of whom quilt and design and are so very creative.  They have been a real help to us in this quilting venture.  Two of our daughters, Val and Shelly, live in Las Vegas and Leslie and Emily live here in Charlevoix.  Val and Leslie are long arm quilters, Shelly is an art teacher and Emily works here at the shop.
Well I think I will call this my first blog for now.  Will be back soon - I always have lots to say!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment